When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B6 tank decal opinions wanted.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

56 Vette

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So I put the 49 B6 up on the stand to strip her of her Uniroyal tire chains, just felt they looked better on the 41 Firestone. I have a set of Goodyear pattern whitewalls going back on, they are more correct looking for me since I took the original
IMG_20150702_225247_277.jpg
IMG_20150702_105652.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-02-23-01-06.png
Goodyear's off because of cracking. Anyways, the tanks decals are almost non existant, one side they are gone, and the pics are of what's left. Been debating for 3 months whether or not to redecal the tank. Any opinions as to what you would do if were your bike? Love hearing your guys opinions! Thanks Joe.

If it were mine and I could get the correct decals it would be a done deal without hesitation.

Got the tire situation all resolved and both bikes are back to riding, guess I should have been a little more specific on the B6 decals. When I bought the bike, it was stripped of its tank, fenders and rack, and left forgotten in a basement for years. I cleaned it up and started the parts hunt. After months of looking, Wes had the rack I needed and finally at Memory Lane swap this spring I found the same color paint fenders in beautiful shape, thanks again Ivo (Balloontyre), and came across this tank from a collection from a guy in Pennsylvania, can't remember his name off hand. Once all parts were polished and put on this bike, it really looks good to me, however I am still looking for the correct front fender with the train light in similar condition. The tank I was told is pre war, large horn button hole, and no clips for the screws, the screws thread right into the bracket. So do I put the decal that is posted with the red outline, or go period correct correct with the black outline? This one will probably never be blown apart, but should I put the correct decal for the year of the tank? That's what I've been debating and can't make up my mind. Pretty trivial, I know, but don't want to hurt the value of a prewar tank. Thanks again and looking forward to opinions! Joe
IMG_20150703_012703_017.jpg
IMG_20150703_012718_954.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Grand National!

I've got a '73 Gran Sport...its color combo perfectly matches that of my '65 Huffy Galaxie.

Nice Grand National! I've got a '73 Gran Sport.
Thanks! Its pretty dirty right now, got caught out in the rain, and haven't got around to wiping it down, these bikes are taking up a lot of my time! Joe

Back