When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The top bike with the gum walls is a repaint or new decals, Dead give away is the thickness of the outline of theDart on the forks. in comparison to an original bike

77 spitfire.jpg

No, Just an early variation, Schwinn used what they had available before they decided the production.
What is that black Spitfire dated? ... SN & badge#

And once again, that is just your theory................but you did say the mag sprocket was NOT used on a production Spitfire!

I have no idea of the dates on the bikes in the pics I posted. They are just pics I got when I did a search for a 1977 Spitfire!

And once again, that is just your theory................but you did say the mag sprocket was NOT used on a production Spitfire!

I have no idea of the dates on the bikes in the pics I posted. They are just pics I got when I did a search for a 1977 Spitfire!
This is the same for 1977 - 1979 Schwinn Specifications Book. Part Numbers of Production Bicycle.
CC7-6 Schwinn Spitfire ...

Paper Tunes390.jpg

We all know the California Cruiser was a very short run and it was only a short run on the guards as the bike was the same. I highly doubt in the short run of guards they would have gone to the new slash style. They were still making bikes that used the wing tip so they had plenty of them so no need to rush into the new style at that point. I find it extremely odd the 2 shown with the new guard have pristine graphics. I have said it before "The truth is only that which an individual believes" Maybe everyone should just enjoy the bikes they have and stop paying attention to what others think.
I’ve had both California Cruisers. Wing tip with mag sprocket and slash guard with circle sprocket. And I’m not the only one. By the way the guards are not new.

All fakes I guess... I bit my 77's sprocket and it disintegrated...

PXL_20240111_193510199.jpg

We already know Schwinn was bad about advertisement photos having different parts. The Typhoons and the Heavy Dutis were even advertised with this same chainguard with the notched back and dip at the sprocket. That style guard appeared as early as 75 on the Stingrays.
Don't get me started on pedal types.

I’ve had both California Cruisers. Wing tip with mag sprocket and slash guard with circle sprocket. And I’m not the only one. By the way the guards are not new.
What are the Serial Number & Badge numbers on that Blue 1976 Spitfire?

Back