When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Shelby No Nose F/S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fuzzyktu

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Very nice restored no nose. aluminum rear rack. working fender light. The only reproduction parts are the grips and the pedals. all steel tank. bike has been ridden. there are a few scratches in the paint. Cadillac badged. I have pics of the bike before it was restored but they are not digital. They are from the mid nineties when the bike was purchased by the man i got it from. I really love this bike. I need to part with one or two though. Can't keep em all.

5000.00 shipped in 2 boxes and extremely over packaged! lower 48 only.

photobucket239471358125664555_zps3f6015b-1.jpg

photobucket365731358125704522_zps90a0846-1.jpg

photobucket156121358125756042_zps52d0c35-1.jpg

I had a question for you the crank on your bike looks just my 51 schwinn hornet sweetheart skip tooth. Im no expert on shelbys but it the crank original??

I'm not trying to knock the bike whatsoever but the chainring is incorrect for any shelby as thegoldengreek stated. It looks like an early Colson or a Schwinn? I have to look at the holes closer. The early 30's Colson is very similar to a later Schwinn sweetheart. The bike is gorgeous. Good luck with your sale. I would love to own that aluminum rack!!

Chain Ring

The Chain ring is 100% ok for this bike. I have a Shelby catalog pic from 1939 showing that Chain ring...actually the pic is almost an exactly a pic of the bike fuzzyktu has shown except for the chain guard. I also have that chain ring on a late 30's shelby that has been sitting in my want to restore shed. Really Nice bike.

Tom

Last edited:
The Chain ring is 100% ok for this bike. I have a Shelby catalog pic from 1939 showing that Chain ring...actually the pic is almost an exactly a pic of the bike fuzzyktu has shown except for the chain guard. I also have that chain ring on a late 30's shelby that has been sitting in my want to restore shed. Really Nice bike.

Tom

I agree with Tom on this and have the option on my No nose when i put it together because it came with it. The guard i have only seen a few times to and have been told that these bikes can have a few different guards on them depending what they ran out of at the factory.
The rack looks good on there Kev.... Glad it found a good home. GLWS

At the 5K mark, I would not be concerned with whether or not the crank is correct...that's an easy fix.
I would be concerned that I wouldn't be getting the deluxe big guard (and in aluminum to compliment the rack) although as mentioned it is quite possibly correct as prolific as Shelby was with retail outlets in specific combinations.
Chris

I have the pics of this bike in original paint and it has this guard on it. As for the chain ring, it is the same ring in the catalog photos of this model. The aluminum rack is incorrect for this model. it should have the steel. This is only a bonus as its value is greater than the steel rack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back