When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1973 Disc Brake Apple Krate Stingray With Original Paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
No Shipping. Local pick up in San Jose, CA only. July 1973 serial number starting with a GJ. Good looking as well as riding bike. Original paint on bike and guard as well as screen on guard. Has a Downey CA Russells Bike Shop worn sticker as well as a blue Calif bike license sticker. Disc brake works well. Paint is fair and original to the bike. Tires are Reproductions. Seat is not original but looks great, and on a Persons stamped pan. Bike needs nothing as it sits, ready to ride. I might consider Stingray parts/bikes in partial trade. A single seat, guard or more would get the price down on this bike. Sorry, no shipping. I am in San Jose, CA. I would also sell the rear disc wheel with tire for $1400, no other parts would I sell but the rear wheel so no need to ask if I might sell any other parts off the bike. I would also sell bike as shown without the seat or chainguard, I figure the seat is worth, $150, and guard $200, so $350 less without seat and guard. How about the bike as shown without the rear disc wheel, maybe that would work for you. No shipping, sorry.

102_3437.JPG

102_3438.JPG

102_3439.JPG

102_3440.JPG

102_3441.JPG

102_3442.JPG

102_3443.JPG

102_3444.JPG

102_3445.JPG

102_3446.JPG

102_3447.JPG

102_3448.JPG

102_3449.JPG

102_3450.JPG

Yep. My bike in front of my home here in California. Not the first time I have been told people have tried to sell bikes of mine, what this world is coming to I do not know. I have a few thoughts on this. First it is a shame that there are more and more people like this, just trying to find a way to illegally try to sell something or at least receive a deposit for an item that does not belong to them. On the other hand I would think that since this scam is not anything new, and has been around so long that most people should be aware of it. Anyone that sends money to someone, or a deposit on something without doing some due diligence, and getting some really good references regarding the person selling the item, if not walk away from the deal. Do not worry that you might be missing out on a great deal. Of course it is a great deal, they do not own the item. Some nights I lay in bed thinking about how many people all around the world are trying to figure out a way to take money away from me with either identity theft, or some type of scam where the internet is involved, a crime where the thief is faceless so to speak. Back in the day when you said crook, you thought of a bank robber, or some sort of physical crime like that, now it is someone anywhere in the world on a keyboard or there phone trying to find a way to relieve you of your money. I would say 5-10% of the cars for sale on Facebook Marketplace are situations such as this bike. People lifting photos and descriptions of a car and trying to get someone to send them a deposit on it. Most you can tell as they are priced well under market. Makes me angry. This one time about 20 or so years ago I saw a Pea Picker bike on Ebay of mine for sale in the same city I am in. The bike was stolen from me with other nice bike from a storage locker of mine that was broken into. It came on Ebay with a no reserve 7 day auction. I bid a million dollars. On Ebay what you bid is hidden and only increases as other bids are made. I was going to be sure I won the bike, and was going to pick it up and throw it in the back of my van and take off without paying. This was before PayPal and cash at local pick ups was not uncommon. I thought I had everything all planned out well on how I would do this. But after a few days I started to see the possible downside of my plan, a lot of things could go wrong that could well bring harm to me by doing this. So I called up the police, they got involved. I told them my plan which I thought was good, but when I went to pick up the bike they could act as me and get the bike back for me. I said do not tip them off, let me win the bike then you can go get it. Well they did contact the seller before the end of the auction, who then became a ghost not to be seen or heard from again as well as my bike. I did recover one of the bikes, a beautiful all original Coppertone 1965 Deluxe Stingray when I saw it for sale at the Reno Hot August nights fairgrounds swap meet for sale. Another story for another time.

Back