When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Collegiate

-

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
I decided to clean up this '75 Collegiate to use as a swap meet rider. I bought it on CL in exceptional condition.
This is the Collegiate "Sport", so it came with the racing handlebars and no fenders. I installed new bars, brakes & fenders that I bought at T-Town last year. There was an extra hole in the rear fender so I installed a green glass reflector. The last pictures show it ready to go with a Supersoft Schwinn Seat, Schwinn rack & bag. I rode this around all day yesterday and this bike rides great ! I know these bikes are not worth that much at all, but they are well built, look great and under appreciated.
Thanks for looking!

IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

I love the tires! My first "big" bike was a yellow girl's Collegiate. I rode it everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have several of these in 3 and 5 speeds. They are under appreciated but work well in flat Illinois. We should all soak a few to save for posterity. I like Raleighs also for their class. Rich kids rode Schwinns and really rich families bought the Raleighs. Both are historic, cheap, and are not the Chinese junk. My grand daughter takes hers to school.

That looks familiar, some one that knows I'm into old bikes dropped it off at my house the other day.
The bike weights a ton!

green2.JPG

That looks familiar, some one that knows I'm into old bikes dropped it off at my house the other day.
The bike weights a ton!

Back