When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 2 fantatstic 1898 Schwinn TOC 1" lucky 7 quill seat posts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Various
Zipcode

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
Here are two amazing, original 1" diameter 1898 Schwinn TOC lucky 7 quill seat posts. These 1898 Schwinn (I believe proprietary) quill seat posts came off an 1898 Schwinn tandem with a mangled frame.

Post A features a 1" diameter post that measures 6 1/2" long. Seat mount extension is 5/8" and measures 3 1/4" long. Incredibly clean with an almost immaculate original nickel finish. Super clean expander bolt and lug. A spectacular, original specimen. $275 shipped in the US.

Post B features a 1" diameter post that measures 6 1/2" long. Seat mount extension is 5/8" and measures 3 1/8" long. Clean with a nice original nickel finish and very minor spots of loss and wear. Super clean expander bolt and lug. A close second to the post listed above. $235 shipped in the US.

Where these were matching posts on a tandem with other original equipment, I felt fairly positive they were original to the bike. But I like to be sure. In the process of trying to verify that the design of these posts is both original to Schwinn and ultimately unique to Schwinn, I spent several hours combing through threads containing Cabers' TOC Schwinns only to come up empty. In most cases the bicycle didn't feature the post in question or the image didn't receal the detail required to make an ID. But in finding a picture of the Schwinn family tandem (courtesy of BMoA), the same post was featured as a pair. I'm guessing there aren't many of these floating around. In addition to selling these individually, if both available, I will sell these as a pair for $450 to anyone who has an 1898 Schwinn tandem they want to outfit with original equiptment. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me if interested or with questions.

-Lester

P.S. Check out my other listings by clicking here: https://thecabe.com/forum/index/sell-trade-bicycle-parts-accessories-ephemera.4/?starter_id=9157

IMG_8096.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8101.jpeg

Schwinn family tandem.jpg

Last edited:
Back