When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 36 hole - Clean -Lobdell Wood Rims + United States Special Racer tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Pickup or actual cost based on buyers location
Zipcode

rebirthbikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've been deciding what to do with this setup since I found it on a '38 elgin lightweight/racer. I want to ride the bike but I don't feel comfortable doing so on these rims. Photos are in order of Front Wheel and then Rear Wheel.

I haven't cleaned any of these items, I just took them off the bicycle they came on. I didn't want to lose the patina and I didn't want to clean them improperly. I have a set of Lobdell Wood rims. Wooden rims still have the "Lobdell" stamps on them and they are straight as can be. I tried to photograph any scuffs in the paint. I did find one loose spoke on the rear setup, but I left it all as I found it. The rims will come with: one 28 1/8" United States Special Racer tire glued on the front wheel. The tire is soft to the touch and you can easily press in on the tire with your thumb, still has the nubs in some spots. The front hub is a 36 hole New Departure.
The rear tire is tough as old boots and the previous owner deflated it to store. It has a flat spot, but minimal cracking and the "sun" technique and some small amounts of air could bring it back for a show bike. The face of the tire was where the old Philco brake was rubbing and the details of the tire are no longer legible. Could be another Special Racer or another brand. The tread pattern of the tires are different as well. The rear hub is most likely a New Departure BRX... you can faintly read "New" then "...part..." and then an "X". I darkened and added contrast the photo of the rear hub so the "X" is visible.

The old guy I bought the bike from said his Dad was into early racing bikes and that he used to race this bike in the late 30's and 40's. I have more parts coming from this bicycle later today.

Lobdell_WoodRims-01.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-02.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-03.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-04.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-05.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-06.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-07.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-08.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-09.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-10.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-11.jpg

Lobdell_WoodRims-12.jpg