When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A journey for the Bluebird.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nj_shore

Finally riding a big boys bike
I haven't been on thecabe in some time, but I have to share this.

Recently I saw this Bluebird up for sale and decided to drive out and pick it up.
Checked out the thread on here about its restoration, way cool.
I'm sure most of you know the bike.
Coming from the beach in New Jersey, I made the trek out to buy a 1954 Mercury Convertible in Indiana.
Then to Toledo to meet Chuck for the Bluebird.

Did I mention Chuck? What a guy. And his son Eric. Bicycles really do collect good people. He drove from Northern Michigan to meet me. Before I mentioned the car in Indiana, he was willing to meet me in Cleveland. What a gesture. I'm glad it worked for the both of us.

What a trip with a 24' car enclosed trailer and double cab cummins dually. I slept in the bed (back seat.) !!

Not to pry, but I would like some restoration photos, if there are any?

Attached are a few photos.

Thank you Chuck!!

indiana.jpg

indiana2.jpg

indiana3.jpg

indiana4.jpg

Last edited:
Funny story..Its kinda Chucks fault I got into ballooners!! Its not a long story,but the short version is;
It was about 28 years ago..I was out scouting for old VWs on a Schwinn Corvette in Phoenix and I came across John Stuarts house and he had all sorts of balloon tire bikes in his driveway!!
Id never seen bikes like those before! I knocked on the door and John was super cool! He invited me in and there in his living room was an Aerocycle that belonged to Chuck..WOW.. I met Chuck later on,and a year or so later I sold him my dads found Shelby Airflo? (I remember it had the stainless tank inserts..
Anyways..kinda cool to see the man who hel[ed get me into these great bikes actually own one of my bikes!
Jeff in RI

Jeff,
How cool is that. My first car was a 73 Thing ((impractical in NJ)) but a dumb --cool-- teenager.
I hope Chuck chimes in, I'm not sure if he is on thecabe?

Balloons 4life

Back