When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap..easy bike repair unit.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

squeedals

I live for the CABE
As I’m on my 3rd restoration I pondered if I should buy a bike repair stand. Scratched that idea and decided to make one. Looked at some sites where they used galvanized piping to build a stand. Too bulky and the cost of pipe today is no bargain. So…….as I work in a big Morton building with a loft and a first floor, I decided to use the center beam as a starting point. It’s about 7 feet off the ground. I attached (two) 2.5 foot metal square wall channels that you use to attach to a wall for brackets that hold book shelves. The beam is in the middle of the garage with no walls on either side. As I said, I attached the metal braces to the beam with some carriage bolts about 1.5 feet apart so they hang down and can swing back and forth freely. At the bottom of each brace I attached another 8 in. carriage bolt so it sticks out facing me. These two bolts will hold the frame. On each bolt I placed a piece of resilient foam so as not to scratch the paint. About half way up the braces I use another two foot piece of metal with some holes in it along its length. This piece is used to adjust the two braces that hold the frame…….and can be adjusted to fit different bike frame openings and secure the unit from closing in or out. When not in use, remove the center brace and flip the two braces up onto the beam and out of the way. This works like a charm. I suppose a third brace could be designed to hold the handle bars in place.

Important: When you attach the two braces to the beam.......make sure they rest against the beam. In other words, bolt them in up high on the outside of the beam so any pressure you apply (pushing) is held fast by the braces resting or pushing against the beam.

Last edited:
I will add some pics as soon as I can............it really is a simple device, but you do have to have the center beam and some room. Mobile units are good for small spaces and if you desire to move the repair area.

Back