When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***Elgin Robin info needed***

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cstorar

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have a 38 Robin. It did not have a rack when I acquired the bike. My issue is that I have purchased a few Robin racks and they all have a mounting tab for the fender,however my fenders do not have a hole drilled for the rack. I was told that this was considered a deluxe bike and they all came with racks. So do I have the wrong rack or did the Robin come without a rack?Also another question I have is why does the frame have drop stand ears if the bike can with a pencil stand?

IMG_4247.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

All Robins had racks. Some ‘30s deluxe bikes still had drop stand ears even though they used side stands.
Ok so why does my fenders not have a hole drilled for the rack tab? Is there a difference between 36-38 racks? Maybe I do not have the correct rack?

Elgin did some super strange stuff through the years…I wouldn’t be surprised if your bike had the rack with the mount and it just wasn’t used…or maybe there’s mountless version out there.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
That style rack is featured on a variety of Westfield manufactured bicycles.
All the ones that I have seen have that tab.
I don't recall any of them being attached to the fender.

Also ‘38 didn’t use a pencil stand but rather a thicker, traditional type stand.

Back