When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its war !!!

-
I have always believed that a Schwinn may not the best bike - but it is the best known bicycle - Ride ANY brand bicycle & you'll always hear someone comment " look at that old Schwinn "
This is so true. I can't count the times that I've had people refer to my bikes as Schwinns just because it's vintage and they don't know anything else to call it. And up until I recently built my Convertible Wasp, I didn't even have a ridable vintage Schwinn!

That may be a dirty Schwine, but at least its a Middleweight! My butt still itches from sitting on that thing you call a "bike"! I've taken so many showers since that ride, but the water just doesn't get hot enough to wash away the shame...
Thats a Lightweight, and thats not why your butts itching cochino..

435ca895dba197bdd621f9f35ea7588b.jpg

That may be a dirty Schwine, but at least its a Middleweight! My butt still itches from sitting on that thing you call a "bike"! I've taken so many showers since that ride, but the water just doesn't get hot enough to wash away the shame...

That ain't no stinking middleweight!

I hope everyone know's what I'm just having fun here. Some of my best friends ride Schwinns:confused:. I may not particularly like Schwinns but I've learned to tolerate them, making it possible for me to hang out with Cody(Schwinn499);)

Man I can't wait to see all the super, ultra cool Varsitys, Contis and LeTours! Now where is the sarcastic font? I hope Scott S. gets a section for lightweight Huffmans! V/r Shawn

I want a special section for orange 1974 Huffy Travellers. I don't want to have to sort through all of the other crappy bikes on this site.

but seriously folks, I don't hate Schwinns, I actually have a few. my issue was that there is no need for a special privileged Schwinn lightweight forum (just like there's no real excuse for this section). the existing lightweight section is one of the slowest moving sections on the forum, why the need for further separation? was there just too many J.C. Penny 10 speeds being posted?
to get to the heart of the subject, it's not the Schwinns that's the problem, it's the Schwinn collectors.

I agree, in that All things Schwinn is just that, and should have sufficed to be the catch all for all the Schwinn product discussions.
Now it just dilutes the topics and hurts the activity in both forums.

"You meet the nicest people on a Schwinn."

Back