When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Withdrawn Joplin's Momentos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Actual cost based on buyer's loction.
Zipcode

bicyclebones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It was Friday first day of a 3 day bike show in the outskirts of Springfield MO and the clouds that had been threatening all morning gave up the showers and all scrambled to take cover. A&B Cycle had dumped a few tons of parts on the seller who was there to dump them on anyone willing to haul that much iron. I moved my stuff out of the way and in the driving rain one by one purchased lots of parts until my trailer was loaded with a few tons of sopping wet boxes of parts. Most everyone decided to wait out the rain but looking at the skies a foreboding fell on me and that was enough to set me on the way home. I passed thru Joplin along the main drag, it was a familiar scene, the hospital the High school Home Depot and on and on. I did not pay much attention as I have traveled that route many times. Just as I was leaving the outskirts I saw a menacing mix of cloud and sheets of rain. I was wondering how the boys were doing the other side of town. I will never know how all the faithful made it because just 2 days later to the hour and on the final day of the meet a triple vortex tornado fell upon the route and decimated everything in its slow crawl down the street leaving 5 square miles looking like a repeat of Hiroshima. When I retraced my path though Joplin the Hospital the High School Home Depot and everything in the path of the tornado were gone including all the trees in a solemn testimony to the power of nature. These 2 cranks survived along with me. (last photo is the remans of Home Depot and the unfortunate ones who were inside)

IMG_9491.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_9489.jpeg

article-1389737-0C414B7700000578-313_964x337.jpeg

imb-uagkm4-1024x577.jpg

27318710-image-joplin-tornado-home-depot.jpg

Last edited:
In the late afternoon of May 22, 2011, an EF5 multiple-vortex tornado struck Joplin, Mo. Reaching a maximum width of over one mile and with winds peaking at more than 200 mph, the tornado destroyed or damaged virtually everything in a six-mile path.

It was the deadliest tornado in modern American history, killing 161 people and causing $2.8 billion in damage. The EF-5 tornado reached winds up to 250 miles per hour and destroyed over 8,000 homes and businesses. The tornado was on the ground for 38 minutes and the path of destruction stretched 22 miles.

Back