When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure at all what I have.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ssrs396

On Training Wheels
Not sure what kind of bike I have. When I was a young lad I pulled bikes apart. This bike my parents had in one of their barns. Everything looks normal until I got to the rear end.. It looks like a clutch pack or some thing... Though I know it's the brakes. Not sure how to clean it. Should I replace it with some thing dif. The rear rim is iffy. Kind of rusty a bit. Painted rim. If anyone know the kind and year that would be cool too. I'm thinking a coast king???

Not sure what kind of bike I have. When I was a young lad I pulled bikes apart. This bike my parents had in one of their barns. Everything looks normal until I got to the rear end.. It looks like a clutch pack or some thing... Though I know it's the brakes. Not sure how to clean it. Should I replace it with some thing dif. The rear rim is iffy. Kind of rusty a bit. Painted rim. If anyone know the kind and year that would be cool too. I'm thinking a coast king???

How do I add pics??? Crazy

You probably get some amount of web space with your internet service subscription, and here's a couple links that might help:
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?488-how-to-post-pics
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?14163-How-to-post-pictures-part-2-!

Is this what you have?

20140905_003JPG-1.jpg

You don't need to host pics, you can upload them directly from your computer. After you have typed your post but before submitting it, click the "manage attachments" button below the text box, then click the "add files" button in the new window that pops up. Select "browse" and select the photo file from your computer that you want to upload, once you've selected it, hit the "upload" button. It will show up in the bottom of the window. Hit "insert inline" so that it shows up as part of the post. Hit "done" then go back to the text box and move the line that says [ attach]000000[/attach] to the end of the post. Now you have a picture in your post.

Me too

You don't need to host pics, you can upload them directly from your computer. After you have typed your post but before submitting it, click the "manage attachments" button below the text box, then click the "add files" button in the new window that pops up. Select "browse" and select the photo file from your computer that you want to upload, once you've selected it, hit the "upload" button. It will show up in the bottom of the window. Hit "insert inline" so that it shows up as part of the post. Hit "done" then go back to the text box and move the line that says [ attach]000000[/attach] to the end of the post. Now you have a picture in your post.

That's how I've always done it. Works great.

Mike

That's a New Departure Model D coaster brake hub, the discs are for braking. You can use the search here or google to find info on service.

Pics take five..

Here we go.. Try number five..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 239
The frame you have is a late 50s-60s HP Snyder frame. Most common badges would be Rollfast or Hawthorne. That's a New Departure coaster brake and ND went defunct in 1954, turning up as late as '56 or so, but those wheels are likely not original to this frame. Clean with your favorite solution and oil the discs. Do not grease discs. Grease bearings but do not grease discs. Oil discs.

Back