When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please can someone explain these two rear racks to me.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyberpaull

Finally riding a big boys bike
OK, Here comes a series of stupid questions. I know these two reflector racks were made for Schwinn middleweights in the 60's. Why is there two different models???? Yes realize there were a total of four models. The other two were one with no reflectors and another with only two reflectors. But I'm only interested right now in the two racks pictured. Again, Why are there two different shaped Racks with four reflectors??? Were they for different models bicycles, or made by a different manufactures. I can't find much info on them. If anyone can help. Thank You Paul:confused:

60's Rack-1.jpg
60's Rack-2.jpg

Last edited:
rear carrier

The rack with the rounded rail's came on middleweight's at the end of the 50's & the squared off rail's came on bikes that started in the 60's diffrent year's is all they are.

Thank You

The rack with the rounded rail's came on middleweight's at the end of the 50's & the squared off rail's came on bikes that started in the 60's diffrent year's is all they are.

That makes sense to me. The one with the rounded corners came on my 1960 Panther III. The square cornered model is om my 1962 Jaguar.

1962 Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV.jpg
1960 SCHWINN PANTHER III.jpg

The carrier with the rounded rails was introduced on the 59 models and used at least thru the 61 model year. The square rail example I believe came out in 62 and replaced the previous.

Back