When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring a Schwinn Superior Track Bike - Need Help Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The easiest and cheapest way to fix that one up and find all the parts is to buy another superior that is complete, fall in love with the new one and then lose interest in fixing up the old one.

😀
I'm joking, but it would be the easiest and maybe the cheapest way...
yep

What a cool find! (The single speed track frame) Wow! Myself personally I would leave it as close to original paint as possible. I'd clean it real well, lightly sand it and throw a few coats of clear over it.. VERY COOL!

I'd build that frame up too. As Rennfaron indicated, it will get expensive and tricky to do a restoration with original and correct parts. If you're starting with just a bare frame, I'd be inclined to build it up "in the spirit" but not necessarily tie myself to totally original and correct. I think it could be done tastefully with selective parts swaps that capture the spirit and style of the bike but maybe which are not totally original and correct.

I'd build that frame up too. As Rennfaron indicated, it will get expensive and tricky to do a restoration with original and correct parts. If you're starting with just a bare frame, I'd be inclined to build it up "in the spirit" but not necessarily tie myself to totally original and correct. I think it could be done tastefully with selective parts swaps that capture the spirit and style of the bike but maybe which are not totally original and correct.
@SirMike1983 , That’s the approach I’m taking for now to get it ridable. And then hopefully I’ll come across more original parts along the way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Back