When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Wool too light for Chrome?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
diet soda and tin foil is my favorite option, ill sometimes use a brass brush and 0000 steel wool as well. wash off with water and the polish with some mothers chrome polish. works for my projects well

Nope! All you'd do is scrub off the flakes and or whatever your elbow grease load is, and remaining chrome would be shinier than the gray bare metal.

Yet if just bare metal is your goal. better get steel wire wheel on grinder. Otherwise you ain't going nowhere wit steel wool and likely the same wit wire brush.

Delusions of re-chroming in USA? Fer-get-a-bout-it the EPA made it cost prohibitive, >> buy another.

Alternatively, pretend chrome (they'll say anything to sell a bottle) rattle can spray paint is your Huckleberry.
I might just clean them up with some Brasso and roll em as is...just a little shinier.
Ride on
Sean

Back