When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Hercules

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1917 Hercules

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Can Anyone give me any idea how much this bike might be worth?
P1040900.jpg
P1040969.jpg
P1040955.jpg

P1040975.jpg

P1040910.jpg

P1040913.jpg

P1040956.jpg

P1040958.jpg

P1040931.jpg

P1040906.jpg

P1040909.jpg

P1040918.jpg

P1040934.jpg

P1040933.jpg

P1040980.jpg

P1040907.jpg

P1040972.jpg

P1040974.jpg

P1040954.jpg

Thanks a very nice bike. Hercules was bought out by Raleigh. ladies bike are less value than men's. Not sure on value Some me here would know.

Looks to me like a Hercules from right around WWII. The "1917" is a serial number and not the date. Does the rear hub shell say anything besides "Hercules"? Nice bike in very good condition there. Does it have 26 or 28 inch wheels?

Not sure of what it's worth over there, but over here in the UK it could reach a few hundred £'s. Not sure how English ladies cycles are prized in the U.S. as their design seems a little staid compared to their American contemporaries.
That said, that is a fantastic, very original looking machine and with a lovely 'Bluemels' pump too!
I echo

Usually as others have said, step thrus don't bring much. I recently sold a Hercules rehabbed and with new rubber for $75, but yours is an exception because of the many very desirable "options" and age and worth a lot more than that.

Those "war grade" tires look to be in exceptional condition.

Not sure of what it's worth over there, but over here in the UK it could reach a few hundred £'s. Not sure how English ladies cycles are prized in the U.S. as their design seems a little staid compared to their American contemporaries.
That said, that is a fantastic, very original looking machine and with a lovely 'Bluemels' pump too!
I echo
Thanks dnc1 I'll try to take a few more pictures of the rear hub area at diferent angles. Maybe after I retire I'll ride more. Have a Bottecchia Deluxe I bought new back in like 1973 or 4 sitting in the basement but tires are all dry rotted. One of these days I'll get to that.
Take care and if you hear anyone looking for the Hercules let me know if you would.
Tom

Usually as others have said, step thrus don't bring much. I recently sold a Hercules rehabbed and with new rubber for $75, but yours is an exception because of the many very desirable "options" and age and worth a lot more than that.

Those "war grade" tires look to be in exceptional condition.
Yes I think I could ride the bike if the tubes inside were good. Things to do -- always something. Tom

Looks to me like a Hercules from right around WWII. The "1917" is a serial number and not the date. Does the rear hub shell say anything besides "Hercules"? Nice bike in very good condition there. Does it have 26 or 28 inch wheels?
I'll have to go downstairs and see what size the tires are one of these days. I'll let you know when I do.
Take Care & Ride Safe,
Tom

Thanks a very nice bike. Hercules was bought out by Raleigh. ladies bike are less value than men's. Not sure on value Some me here would know.
Thanks redline 1968. My aunt had it during and after WWII. She was a secratary to Ambassador Dunn in five different countries. France, Spain, Italy, England and one more I can't remember right know. 13th child of one of our farming relation that was just taken in after the father had taken off and the mother passed on. QUIT A LIFE.

Back