When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not quite the same - a fork for a 1939-40 New World would have had "D" shaped blades and flat/sloping crown. The New Worlds gained the rounded/torpedo blade fork later on.

Reactions: Miq
One last question and thank you again.

Is the newer fork the same configuration or shape?

I am going to repaint everything just checking, may need to find an era correct one if not.

I personally would use the fork you have if it's good and the steerer tube is the correct length. Go thru this thread and look at the various forks that were used on these New Worlds. There's one that has a caliper brake and it's a locking fork.

1713165712225.png

Properly painted, the fork will not look too far look out of place. If it's straight and structurally good, use it.

Awesome Sir Mike thank you!

Does anybody have a resource for the New World decals?

Waterford does not, Bicycle bones has seat tube decals.

Some yes, some no. Bicyclebones will have some of the decals, but not all. I believe he has the "hat in the ring" seat tube decal and the seat tube Schwinn cross decal. So that's a start.

The now-closed Velocals had the unusual "seamless tubing" round decal that went near the bottom of the seat tube. I don't know where you get those now.

New World specific decals are not produced on any mass scale, at least to my knowledge. Several of us interested in New World bikes were working with a fellow to create a digital file that would allow printing of New World decals.

See here: https://www.bikeforums.net/22945960-post53.html

The individual with the digital file to custom print the decals was called "Lattz" at BikeForums. Based on samples provided, he created a couple of decals in a digital file. You may want to send him a PM on Bikeforums if you have an account there.

A sample of the "New World" downtube file he created:

11159_hdr_84ba3684b5226330a26f5c0c2931bb48368d50d4.jpg

Reactions: Miq
Yes sir they have the seat tube covered.

Perhaps Dan at Bicycle Bones could produce the downtube decal since he has others.

I will try to contact them possibly the folks at Waterford too since they now have Paramount decals.

Another thing that might work is if H. Lloyd could use the digital file to print decals. They recently re-issued the late 1940s Continental decals.

Last edited:
@GTs58 Nice! Arfsaidthebee has the big boy 23" frame you don't see very often. Look at the size of that head man!!

I'm adding a few other's you've pointed out to me over that past few weeks and also this supposed 1945 from classiccyleus. It has a blackout multi-speed ND coaster and 3-piece crank w blackout sprocket. Dig the 2 front bar braces and front drum hub.

View attachment 991382

Here's the table now.
View attachment 991383
This is a mystery bike I’ve seen online for many years. Even the width and type of fenders are non standard. Perhaps a very rare early welterweight model?

Back