When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the maker of this motobike and would anyone happen to have a badge?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Westfield motos had similar construct to your bike....with the lug at the seatpost/dblbar junction. Below is a Columbia by Westfield...Westfield seems to have been keen on the top bar bend near the middle of the span...with the noticeably smaller diameter lower bar below. Many frame variations from them...straight seatstay bridges were another clue that points to Westfield..
1700055313581.png

Thanks for the rubbings (-:

I still can't tell much, though. I'm sorry about that.

If the bicycle is a Westfield, then the number cannot start with a 0. It would need to start with a letter (also not followed by 0). The letter O was not used, so perhaps it's the letter D?

Unless it's upside down.

Why do I keep saying that? Because the vast majority (maybe all?) of Westfields have the number stamped so you can read it if you are facing the bb from the downtube end, which is opposite way up to the photo. you have.

I wish I could give you a better answer.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I thought that Westfield skipped “i” and then proceeded to 1931–J.
But in 1930 it seems, Westfield transitioned to a frame with slightly different details.

Last edited:
What you need to do is look at SHELBY bicycles... which is what your sprocket, fork and frame appear to be.

It appears to be an "S-M-B" (SHelby-made bicycle).

Leon Dixon
National Bicycle History Archive of America

Back