When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Decor, Wall Hanger, or ?

-

gtdohn

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I would like some opinions on what to do with an 1896 Victor that I have. I don't want to put the money into restoring it, but I like looking at it. Would any of you place this in the yard as decoration or maybe put it on the wall in your garage? I wish I owned a business or a restaurant, it would look great in something like that. It's pretty much original with the exception of the front hub was changed at some point. It even has home made tires on it which was probably more common than not at the turn of the century.
I would consider selling it whole, and maybe even parting it out, but it's just so cool looking, I would rather find a better use for it just the way it is.
Input welcome..........
P1080552.JPG
P1080546.JPG
P1080547.JPG
P1080549.JPG
P1080551.JPG

I'd throw on a saddle,wheelset,tires and ride it. ;)
The right hand crank arm has been repaired and it was done poorly. The threads on the arm and the pedal on that side are all jacked up. I don't even know how to remove the arm on these bikes. I don't want to make it any worse.

I'm not a fan of TOC bikes but I would certainly respect this part of history and either wall hang it of get it in the hands of someone who would cherish it... Just sayin'

Back