When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yesterday's thrift store picks - ID help desired

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gordon

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picked two Schwinns yesterday from the thrift store. Black one is a 1962 American Deluxe missing the tank. Red one is 1963 but I'm not sure what model. I'm leaning towards a Corvette but can't see where what remains of the lettering on the chainguard resembles Corvette. It has a red band two speed and front rack. Rear crutch tip rack I am assuming was an optional add-on. Fenders are not rusted inside so I was thinking stainless, but a magnet sticks to them. Google says that some stainless is magnetic, so maybe? Any help in identifying the red (what remains of the paint) bike would be appreciated.

20231010_114638.jpg

20231010_114648.jpg

20231010_114656.jpg

20231010_114706.jpg

20231010_114724.jpg

Nice find.

All my SS fenders are very magnetic. It’s the particular alloy that Schwinn used.

What are the serial numbers on these two?

Nice Find......All that I can find at Thrift Stores are bombed out Wal Mart bikes....that are overpriced............many Years ago I did find a chrome GT Vertigo for 12.00 though....That was a good day!!!

The American has the wrong front hub. That is a one piece Schwinn hub made in Germany. Schwinn used a cheaper US made 3 piece hub on the American, otherwise it wouldn’t be all American made. Front wheel likely replaced. Check your original Americans and see if I’m right!😎

Back