We take pride in keeping The CABE respectful, pleasant, and enjoyable for members of all ages. Please read the following guidelines before posting:
- Be respectful and courteous - Members will be respectful and courteous to other members and to the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry or foul language.
- Stay on topic - Don't deliberately steer a thread away from the original poster's topic. If a thread has inspired you to discuss something different, start a new thread. Also, consider whether The CABE’s public forums or The Break Room might be a more appropriate place for your post.
- Report offensive posts - Report any post(s) that you find violates the Community Guidelines, do not police them yourself. Report questionable posts to the moderators or use the “report post” button located in each post.
- One user ID - Each member is allowed to register one account only. Multiple accounts will be removed and the user may receive an infraction or other action.
- Don't engage with disruptive users/trolls/spammers - Don’t reply to posts by or otherwise engage in dialogue with a troll or a spammer. Report them to the moderators or use the “report post” button located in each post.
- Keep private messages confidential - Private messages, along with other private correspondence, are not to be posted on the open forum without the permission of their original authors. If someone is concerned about the content of a PM that they receive, they should report it to the moderators who will consider what action is to be taken.
- Don't post inappropriate photos - Any picture that would not be suitable for viewing at an average workplace should not be posted here, i.e. nudity and other adult themes are unacceptable. Please generally exercise discretion when posting pictures in keeping with the kind and courteous spirit of the forum. In case of doubt, please contact the forum moderators prior to posting in order to avoid disputes and misunderstandings. Any posting of images is subject to review, and the determination of what is acceptable is at the sole discretion of the moderators and the management of The CABE. They will take appropriate action should any picture be deemed to be offensive or aggressive, and their decisions are final.
- Don't post private information - Please be considerate of other peoples right to privacy. Don't post someones email address, phone number or other contact information without their permission.
- Welcome new members - If you see a new member making a post, please welcome them to The CABE. Be as helpful as you can in answering their questions in a respectful way.
Also please read and understand the following:
- Moderators' and the administrator’s decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a moderator before you submit your post. Membership of the forum can be revoked by the forum administration without any reason being given. Moderators reserve the right to delete any questionable posts pending additional request for documentation.
- The CABE reserves the right to remove, at any time, any or all of your forum privileges if The CABE determines, at The CABE's sole discretion, that you have violated our standards of behavior. The CABE moderation is not a topic for discussion, decisions are made by those who created and run this Forum, and are made in its best interest.
- Members are free to leave, but not free to change the history of a discussion. Members wishing to leave The CABE can do so by contacting the admin at any time. Their account will then be set to “inactive” and their posts will remain.
- Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary measures, which may ultimately include being banned from The CABE.
- These guidelines are subject to change without notice at the discretion of site leaders.
We wish you a pleasant stay and look forward to your contributions!