When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'86 GT Pro Preformer pictures and questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If that's the case, who made a yellow predator MTB?
Not sure but also likely a cheapy. Would it have to have been a 20'' wheel given the center brace to brake post distance?

In any case, it's not helping your value here, it is a cool oddity though. Anyone who pays top dollar for this is going to want it to be as stock as possible. As it is I only see the frame, fork, crankset, maybe stem clamp and seatpost being original here. If you took some driveside photos that would help us better see what you have going on.

Last edited:
Driveside photo's and thanks again for your input!

20230813_181136.jpg

20230813_181446.jpg

20230813_181515.jpg

20230813_181529.jpg

20230813_181502.jpg

Thanks for the drive-side pics.

'86s are tough to know what's original on it, at least for me. 87 and beyond they started using almost exclusively all GT branded parts. So I'm unsure about the crank, sprocket and seat post clamp but they look like they're at least the right style as stock. If you pull the stem it should be marked SR and the year on the quill. That's a big dollar item on its own.

Here's my 87 from a few years ago, as found.

What are you looking to do with it?

thumbnail_IMG_1886.jpg

I have a lot to learn/figure out about the GT before I do anything with it. I really like the look, but I don't see myself riding it much

Yep, might be a cool wall hanger just as is. Neat bike that I doubt is going to go down in value anytime soon.

And finding a good buyer would certainly involve shipping and hassle. Sourcing all the correct parts will empty your wallet right quick, too...

Back