When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck, what do I have?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
HOLA to "the cabers" @Schwinn Sales West answer your questions, from the beginning 1939 to the last run in 1967" Schwinn sold the 2 basket models. (S1 &S2)
They carried and connected the basket to the frame,in the same way! The angle brackets are attached to the center tube base,whit a bolt & nut! Then are attached to the front frame angle base,for extra strength whit bolts! The plywood goes first,to the angle top
then the basket! The S1, uses a lid metal cover to secure & protects the groceries,and use a pad lock! The S2 wider model goes around the and gives more space,to carry more items! S2 use two rear brackets,to help carrying the load;the "V" that goes attached to the top frame tube and to the corners of the basket; & the lower flat one,that goes,from one lower corner of the baasket,to the other corner,& goes through the frame & the sign(sign for this options were cutted like a square,to let the flat bar passed through) Check the pics,see the bars, attached to the frame, as I described* (Schwinn power cycle, change the frame to use the engine,but following,the same principle)

View attachment 1872944

View attachment 1872945

View attachment 1872946

View attachment 1872947
Thank you for your pictures, it clearly answers my question. The bar ends attached to the lower corners of the basket.

John

Thank you for your pictures, it clearly answers my question. The bar ends attached to the lower corners of the basket.

John
Hola "to the cabers" @Schwinn Sales West John I'm using one of the CTs whit the S2, for groceries,when is empty you can drive it like the S1
basket,but when is full of stuff,you need to steering like the motorcycle,whit passenger!*! Glad to help,
here at your service*!*

Great information from Fifthcenturycheese and MEKANIXFIX above.

Lot of Cycle Truck parts on ebay right now.

There is also another thread on the Cabe about Cycle Trucks.
HOLA to the cabers" @wes holliday thanks for your nice words! Also have to be careful,when search for parts,on ebay, due the use a search engine,based on "proxy words" and that opens, a large amount of items,not
related,or worst-case, some sellers that write names in their title items, to expand their sales,but also the incorrect items, that are not belong,to the model,we're searching, but they still selling as the model in the tittle! Here's some examples! (PS. I don't wants to offend anyone here,whit this photos,if any belongs to a caber; just showed in the link,as examples)

Screenshot_20230725_113547_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_113606_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_113718_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_113753_eBay.jpg

If I am seeing it correctly the front stand took the same hit as the fork, they are match bent, must have been quite a force.

chuck

Back