When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

shakershome1

'Lil Knee Scuffer
my daughter picked up this bike, I was told it might be Snyder, I have serial no. and an SE stamped on rear of frame, any help identifying the model and or year would be great

Note: the upper twin tubes and the straight tube from crank to headset, but no tubes in between
Thank You
Tim

20231011_104413.jpg

20231011_104424.jpg

20231011_104431.jpg

20231011_104437.jpg

20231011_213820.jpg

The circle-SE is for Snyder Enterprises, and the serial number prefix might suggest a 1966–H bicycle, which looks to have a structural repair with the straight down tube?
Not sure if another main structural tube is missing?

Archie, Thank You for the info, The Bike itself does not seem to have any weld mark that would indicate a missing tube, but that does not mean there once was one, I have been stripping the paint in preparation to repaint it.
do you know when they stop using "NEW DEPARTMENT" for the coaster brake, this bike has one...thank you again

'66 Snyder. I have one, and that's how the frame was built. I believe it's in the Hawthorne catalog page around 1960. Mine has something like a cross between a tank and a big metal paper clip under the top tubes!

'66 Snyder. I have one, and that's how the frame was built. I believe it's in the Hawthorne catalog page around 1960. Mine has something like a cross between a tank and a big metal paper clip under the top tubes!
Thank you, do you have a picture of it, would love to see it, and were can I find the catalog

Thank you, do you have a picture of it, would love to see it, and were can I find the catalog
I don't, but there's a 'Collectable Elgin/JC Higgins/Hawthorne' book by Jim Hurd, the revised edition has the page. You might be able to get it through the Cabe bookstore, or Scott may know where to find one.

Looks like a 1990's Huffy Good vibrations beach cruiser; the date might be stamped on the Wald steering goose/swan-neck stem.

Last edited:
Back