When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow/Eclipse coaster rear brake hub question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,
I have pulled the hub apart and I am inspecting each of the components on a Morrow/Eclipse 36 10 date code M3 rear hub. The brake sleeve is worn however looks to have never been grooved which maybe was the case with early ones?. The steel case that the brass is riveted to is cracked through and I think will have to be replaced. I don't think a weld repair will work given the way they work with expansion/contraction. Does anyone know a source for these?.

Thanks in advance,
Brett.

20231004_125648 Cr.jpg

You will hopefully be helped out by a fellow Caber that has a drawer full of these. If there are any swaps near you this fall, let it be known that you are going to attend. Maybe a fellow Caber can bring you the parts you need. Usually the swaps will have someone with a pile of rusty, bent rims. If they are cheap, I used to buy them up. I'd salvage the older brass nipples, hubs and spokes. My parts supplies are now long gone ........ I just see now, after I replied, that you are from Australia. These hubs are not as common to find today. Why don't you post your request in the "wanted section?" I'm sure someone in the states will help you. I was down under back in '71. Loved it!

Last edited:
Back