When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you continue to purchase from eBay with confidence when they rule that your address is NOT what it is?...or other outlets for venting frustration.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

WillWork4Parts

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm looking to crowd source here and find others that may have had a similar experience, maybe find a better solution to resolving eBay issues. Mostly venting, if you're the type that doesn't care to read further, this is your opportunity to click/look away.

I bought some NOS drum hubs back in January from a UK eBay seller. It had been a month since purchase. Seems like a month was pretty standard shipping time from overseas, so I didn't suspect anything wrong until I received an email from some company I didn't recognize (EVRI) saying that my package had been delivered and signed for. I hadn't signed for any packages in months. I messaged the seller, turns out that wasn't the same package, but another item I had just bought from the UK. Seller provided tracking info Finally. Tracking shows the item having arrived suspiciously fast, also originating with EVRI.

Screenshot_20230216-132936.png

Screenshot_20230216-132956~2.png

I stated to the seller that 1718 was my street number and they responded with "that (1560)was the address supplied."

I checked at the 1560 address a couple blocks away and the older gentleman told me he hadn't received any hubs, but that his packages are often misdelivered to 1560 Lincoln, a block over. He did tell me he had a stingray hub in the garage and we went to look, didn't find it though. There was a 70s Schwinn Continental in Chestnut hanging just inside the garage door, ha! Also note that his doorstep did not match FedEx's delivery confirmation photo.

Screenshot_20230216-132856.png

I go to 1560 Lincoln and knocked, left my number, nothing. Doorstep matches though!!!
Screenshot_20230216-133010.png

I start checking FedEx, but their policy says I can't file any claims for misdelivery on international packages after 30 days. At this point I start in on the claims process with ebay. After so many days you can ask eBay to step in, which I think they should, because either the seller fumbled my address, or eBay supplied it incorrectly. Tried stopping at 1560 Lincoln a couple times a day multiple times, no luck. After starting the claim, overnight I get this message from eBay.
Screenshot_20230217-091325.png

Sounds like they pretty quickly washed their hands of the claim. I did the appeal process where they say I have to supply new info or photo evidence to open the appeal. When I click the button for opening the appeal, there is Zero option for adding photos. I thought it would be painfully obvious for anyone with access to the messages between the seller and I to see that 1718 and 1560 were not the same, explained that again. Overnight I get a similar message.
Screenshot_20230217-091431.png

Screenshot_20230217-091502.png

Where would you go from here?
eBay seems to be just another company set out to bury their contact info along with any form of actual help for issues that don't fall into their simplified Q&A threads. They do this with the hopes that your frustrations will cause you to give up. I'd tell them I won't buy anything from their platform ever again, but I don't think that's enough to motivate any response from them......I'm just a guy that buys old junk bicycle parts after all....

Maybe go in the evening to 1560 when the lights are on and for sure someone’s home? Take your wife if possible. People open a door to a woman. Ask nicely if you can have your items please. If they deny or refuse even after picture evidence of it on their porch they’re clearly not on the up and up. Wait a few months a give them some old school pranks. 😁

I can't offer any help, just my sympathy.

ebay does not need customer service that helps people since they have so many people using them and know there is nowhere else to go.

PayPal is equally frustrating. when I sell things here I need to send a money request, if they try to pay through my paypal email they get a message that I only accept payments through my website, but I don't have a website.

It's quite possible the people at 1560 might also be frustrated with receiving a misdelivered FedEx package. I don't know how close a FedEx drop off is to you, but ours is about 10 miles down the road at a shipping store. We've had to take small misdelivered FedEx packages there before. The people might be waiting to catch the FedEx truck delivering in the area again, or waiting until they have to go near a local drop off location if there is one not too far away, or just aren't sure what to do with it if there's no drop off close by. I caught the FedEx driver starting to deliver a large, heavy box (could tell how he was handling it that it was heavy!) to our front door. I stopped him halfway to his truck and told him it was not for us. It was for another house on the next street having the same house number as ours. No way was I lugging that heavy box to the shipping store, or even to that other house, if I had to call FedEx and have them pick it back up and deliver it correctly!

Dave

It's quite possible the people at 1560 might also be frustrated with receiving a misdelivered FedEx package. I don't know how close a FedEx drop off is to you, but ours is about 10 miles down the road at a shipping store. We've had to take small misdelivered FedEx packages there before. The people might be waiting to catch the FedEx truck delivering in the area again, or waiting until they have to go near a local drop off location if there is one not too far away, or just aren't sure what to do with it if there's no drop off close by. I caught the FedEx driver starting to deliver a large, heavy box (could tell how he was handling it that it was heavy!) to our front door. I stopped him halfway to his truck and told him it was not for us. It was for another house on the next street having the same house number as ours. No way was I lugging that heavy box to the shipping store, or even to that other house, if I had to call FedEx and have them pick it back up and deliver it correctly!

Dave
If you google your local FedEx/Ups/PO offices local phone numbers. Give ‘em a call tell them they mis delivered and they should send a truck to pick up the mistake. It’s not on you to drive and fix the problem. It’s on them. Forget the 1-800 numbers. Takes forever!

If you google your local FedEx/Ups/PO offices local phone numbers. Give ‘em a call tell them they mis delivered and they should send a truck to pick up the mistake. It’s not on you to drive and fix the problem. It’s on them. Forget the 1-800 numbers. Takes forever!
The problem that really bothers me now is that FedEx was instructed to deliver to 1560 Taylor. Why did eBay tell them to deliver there? Or who mistyped the address for them??? Also, I didn't find out it was misdelivered until after the month deadline for international package investigations or whatever they call it.

I'll give the store a try though.

You have documented proof it's at that house.show them and tell them you will. file theft charges or fraud for using your signature.. if no response..then do it

Back