When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday what Schwinns did we find this week??? 8-10-14

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow!!!

Found this all Original Paint '41 Cobalt Autocycle buried in the dusty attic of an old quonset hut in far northern Idaho. I determined not to leave that suffocating 100 degree quonset hut with out that bike ! ! It had exerciser pedals and some other choice enhancements ! Finally pried it out of the dude's boney fingers, strapped that beauty on the rental van and drove her home . . . 19 hours . . through the Nasty Southern Oregon/ Northern California fires and too much fast food :-/

download48_zps76c4bb92-1.jpg

. . . through Crater lake . . .

download50_zps1d4109df-1.jpg

. . pit stop . .

download51_zps3c1aaf4e-1.jpg

. . . In the hotel room with my Honey . . . Never Take Your Eye Off The Bike ! ! !

download49_zps3c941732-1.jpg

. . and finally home in San Geronimo, all cleaned up ! !

download44_zps08553c50-1.jpg

download47_zps2fe3acc0-1.jpg

download46_zps77302496-1.jpg

download45_zps0c9f09c7-1.jpg

I think she's my favorite bike.
Thanks to Mark Mann for talking me through it !
Lookin for an original brake cable and lever, and an AN4 key . .
Thanks,
Pete
That's beautiful. Congrads on a great find. Rob.

'49 and '64

The '49 belongs to my father and my husband is the proud new owner of the '64 Wasp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 208
Red Jag

I found a 57 Jaguar missing the tank and rear rack, but has the front aluminum Mayweg tag still on it.
I don't have space for it so it has to find a new owner.
MyStableofSchwinns011.jpg

Still has the Schwinn Tires Chrom on wheels, no pitting, handlebars have chrome lost but not rusted.
Rear hub states Schwinn Approved Austria. I think 250 is reasonable price?

Little late post, but found this Aug. 9. Craig's list. I've seen the tornado's similar to this and figured that if any came around in the cheep i'd get one just because I liked the color contrasts orange, yellow, black.

But I'd never seen one with a tank. Well I got on the phone googled the address and scurried right on down, and not a moment to late too. As the lady and I were chatting she got a call, cell phone volume so loud I could hear the guy on other end, drooling. She asked that he call back in half hour, but, wasn't going to give, "What's your address?" etc. I had no clue of value, and knew right then and there, there's no bickering about price now. That guy was positively drooling.

So, anyways I closed the deal. I cleaned the chrome and excess grease so far but that's all I intent to do.. In the mean time I hunted in every corner on the net digging up whatever I could.. They sort of look like a tornado, but, as it turns out, the only thing that's the same are the color variations offered and the basic frame without fork. 34 years young and one rare, rare; Stingray/BMX. The Tornado was wildly popular in 1977/8 as Schwinn attempted to get into the new BMX phase.

1978 Schwinn Hornet. There's only one photo on the entire net of one of these, it's without the tank fenders and stuff, besides the 1978 catalog. The only photo on the net with a tank, and luckily 99% ( did not have the number plate they'd sold with) complete, this is it:

P8110330.jpg

1978Schwinn Hornet-Tornado Ad..jpg

Last edited:
Your bikes are nice BUT......

I found a cool black Corvette that needs a little cleaning and the seller threw this crusty Spitfire that belonged to his father into the mix. Also found this black American that has been hanging in the sellers garage "forever". Its a real gem two speed kickback. It sounded strange, but he said he bought it from a Schwinn dealer that was in Peoria who ran his shop out of his home because he was in a wheelchair. View attachment 164139View attachment 164140View attachment 164141View attachment 164142

That Schwinn American has a great front rack, fenders, light that are nice looking, but are incorrect for the bike. Don't mean to be nit picking, just in my nature. Otherwise they are all great bikes. enjoy.

That Schwinn American has a great front rack, fenders, light that are nice looking, but are incorrect for the bike. Don't mean to be nit picking, just in my nature. Otherwise they are all great bikes. enjoy.

Ha...It's my nature too! All good points...here's a few more. lol The seller had the Mayweg rack loose in his garage from a 63 Corvette and put it on when I asked him for it. The American didn't come with a light he just added this cheapie Enwell for riding at night. He also put on mint script grips (not correct) to sell the bike...he gave me the originals too. The pedals he gave me with the bike are minty large cap bows not the waffle tread...I have the correct pedals and am just glad to have the bows now.:)

How are the fenders incorrect? They even have the 100% American made decal on the front. In 65 the American fenders changed to the chrome fenders like the Corvette II with the S reflector. Is that maybe what you were looking at?

peace

I may be wrong.....

Ha...It's my nature too! All good points...here's a few more. lol The seller had the Mayweg rack loose in his garage from a 63 Corvette and put it on when I asked him for it. The American didn't come with a light he just added this cheapie Enwell for riding at night. He also put on mint script grips (not correct) to sell the bike...he gave me the originals too. The pedals he gave me with the bike are minty large cap bows not the waffle tread...I have the correct pedals and am just glad to have the bows now.:)

How are the fenders incorrect? They even have the 100% American made decal on the front. In 65 the American fenders changed to the chrome fenders like the Corvette II with the S reflector. Is that maybe what you were looking at?

peace

I thought only the Deluxe American had chrome fenders with a fender light. Regular American's had painted fenders. I could be wrong.

SCHWINN AMERICAN 25.jpg

Back