When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first motorized bike build - project page

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Still working with locktite. But i have had some good rides on it. Found some more nuts and bolts to put lock tite on. Its going good though. Its a learning experience.

Good deal. I've not messed with one of these yet, but I've heard they can be a pain with things coming loose just like a Harley. Learning experiences are always fun.

Yeah exactly! Its cool to learn from it and its really fun to ride. Its coming along well. Everytime i ride it i work out one more issue. Last thing i fixed was the headset. And leaned it out a little on the mixture and that seems to have helped a lot. And its idling better.

Need to lock tite more stuff haha

Hello,

what a great looking bike... I'm working on something similar and have learned a lot during the installation too!

Taking a universal kit and installing it on a 1952 Schwinn straight bar frame has had some challenges and some modifications.

I have researched different parts suppliers and many image searches to see what has worked for others...so I could configure my parts list.

There isn't a lot of information out there to convert a straight bar Schwinn with a 66 cc engine. I think that you were wise to buy the panther frame as it has a front engine mount.

One of the challenges for 1" lower bar Schwinn frame...is to get the motor to mount solid to the frame.

I have mounted the engine and controls to ensure that everything works together...after about 2 1/2 hours on the bike...most things are worked out.

Now its time to tear it all down and paint the frame and forks.

I will post some images after it is painted.

Jerry

Thats cool!!!

I have to mention this tank i bought is really a piece of junk. Poor craftsmanship. The welds are unfinished and cracked in many places. It leaks fuel all over. The company hasnt been very communicative so my friend here is going to fix it. Beware if youre planning to buy one of the tanks. They say they pressure test them. There is no way they pressure tested mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been considering one of these tanks because they really enhance the bike.
My dad purchased one of these same tanks...the price is right, you couldn't make this tank for the price and he hasn't had any issues with leaking. What a bummer to have to fix it.

There is a "Panther Gas Tank" that is made in America for $325.00 + shipping. here is a link http://sportsmanflyer.com/shop/parts/panther-gas-tank/ I may have to consider this tank based on your experience.

Just like you, I used parts that were laying around here to build this motor bike, to try to keep costs down, but the tank is the last piece before paint and costs more than the engine and rear wheel adapter put together.

I may have to paint the "peanut" tank until I can acquire the cool stainless one!

Back