When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The $52,300.00 Dollar Schwinn!

-
52 Large...

I'd rather have the cash.

The more money than brains club playing the game.

This is chump change for the folks bidding on this.
It's the old " if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it".
I saw a lot of these types of motorbikes at the Hartung auction, speaking of Jay Leno.

Greg M.

a bit high but about right

Inline fours are always demanding high prices, you should see the prices on parts.

The Schwinn quality decal absolutely belongs on the damper housing.
This bike was the last machine built under Ignaz tutelage. It was designed by Arthur Constantine who had come over to the Schwinn factory from Harley Davidson.
It has been said, that the KJ Henderson was the best prewar motorcycle ever built.

Let me retract what I posted before.

Now that I see it.

An Inline 4...Oh Hell Yeah!

Chris, aka Slick.

Not only can that bad boy do 60mph with ease, it could do 110 mph!
In fact, when it was built, it was the fastest American made vehicle of any kind.
That's why every Police dept. in the country had standing orders for them when they shut down the production.
Schwinn could have easily weathered the depression on this motorcycle alone, but Ignaz wanted to retire and Frank wasn't interested in building motorcycles anymore.

I really think that the Aerocycle was Franks tribute to his dad and this motorcycle. It's no coincidence that the name of both vehicles, was the Streamline Henderson and the Streamline Aerocycle.
Both vehicles were the first of their kind to use the wrap around tanks, external of the frame rather than being slung in between.

I saw an original paint 1925 Super X, and it had the Schwinn Quality decal on it, so they were using that logo at least as far back as then.

Back