When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this painted 26" rim off of?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PaulWR

Look Ma, No Hands!
Today I bought a 1965 Murray Meteor Flite 26" bike and obviously this is not the correct front rim. It is painted off white with two green pin stripes. Any ideas of what it off of originally? Please see pic. Thanks in advance.

100_4173.JPG

It may be an aftermarket replacement wheel. The profile of the rim looks like a Schwinn S-7, but Schwinn always used black pinstripes on their painted rims, and the hub is not Schwinn either.

It may be an aftermarket replacement wheel. The profile of the rim looks like a Schwinn S-7, but Schwinn always used black pinstripes on their painted rims, and the hub is not Schwinn either.
Thanks. When I take the tire off maybe there are some markings on the inside that could tell me. Gee, I though that maybe that wheel would be worth something and that could finance my project. Ha, ha...

Thanks. When I take the tire off maybe there are some markings on the inside that could tell me. Gee, I though that maybe that wheel would be worth something and that could finance my project. Ha, ha...

Most manufacturers marked the rims on the outside, even Murray.

Most manufacturers marked the rims on the outside, even Murray.
Nah. It's a Schwinn. I didn't even have to dismount the Westwind S7 tire. The hub was marked under all that grease, "Schwinn Approved" too. And after really examining the pin stripes, they are black. You mean it could a very rare and valuable pre or circa World War II bicycle part? Nah. Here are some more pics.

100_4175.JPG

100_4176.JPG

100_4177.JPG

Back