When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...9/29/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
32 days till Halloween....really?

Should be lots to show off today with the Swap season starting this past month.

So, let's see what relics you've found from the past week.
Whether, it be bike related or not.
Please, include pictures as we do love pictures!

Yard sale time too...

Found this Crossman 664X Powermaster bolt action BB gun (the 4X Scope missing)
e9c128bf5d0f8ada97e024ff43a89605.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I went to an estate auction mid-week. The woman who had passed was over 100. Her husband had passed 10 years ago in his mid nineties. They had married back in 1935. I talked with one of the relatives who told me his grandfather had wanted to ride his bike shortly before he died. He was helped on and He rode in the driveway with some helpers standing alongside

A 36? BFGoodrich Schwinn built double bar with the straight back locking fork and flat fender braces. Serial number is the large 36 style but I thought the footed badges were used a little later.

A 39 Monark Rocket girls bike. Bike has a real nice single bolt front loader with the Delta script on the lens.

Both bike's were the absolute last items sold, it was already dark. It took hours for the auction but I'm glad I waited it out, there was little interest in the bike's and no other collectors.

Unfortunately both bike's have been painted blue and the chrome silver. But he took good cars of them, both are still well greased and ready to ride.

20190925_110516.jpg

20190925_110521.jpg

20190924_163229.jpg

20190925_110914.jpg

A 1938 Huffman Super Streamline came my way this week. It has been fun trying to puzzle out some of the quirkiness of the bike (crescent instead of gothic fenders, and correct painted fork but without the truss braces). Anyway it looks like the paint will come back great, it is Packard green. I have a couple working theories, one is the front end of the bicycle may have been run over by a car. It is possible replacement parts were ordered and sent in the correct color but not the exact type. Any other Huffmans out there in this color?

I also picked up a scrappy metal sided tool bag at the Round Top, Texas antique shows.

Here is a TOC sterling silver "Dyke Name Plate" head badge that was made briefly by a New York jeweler that could be hand engraved with your details. This one reads: "R.G. Evans, 809 Mellon St." I bought it a few weeks ago but just got around to polishing it.

1938 Super Streamline front left 3:4.jpg

1938 Super streamline left side.jpg

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

13-0571-Clip2.jpg

13-0571-jckFeb10-1897pg13.jpg

Last edited:
Great show at Trexlertown yesterday. Pricing seemed a little all over the place, but I did extremely well. Picked up a CWC fender set & a couple of chain guards for current projects. A great rack from Howard, pair of really nice Fat Franks & a metal clad to get my 1918 Crown back on the road. Got a great head badge from Sam for my 1897 Crescent. Probably the best, was resisting the temptation of a decrepit, stripped, rust bucket of a loop tail that was calling me.

fullsizeoutput_b74.jpeg

DSCN2060.JPG

fullsizeoutput_b73.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b75.jpeg

Back