When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toc Ladies Sterling

-

Ed Minas

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have one or pictures of a Sterling ? It has a hint that at one time it had a spoon brake, but other than a screw and a tab there nothing left. It may be a fender mounting. Just curious if they even had spoon brakes on ladies Sterlings
Thank you

Sterling catalog cuts from www.sterba-bike.cz

1894 Sterling:

1897 Sterling:

1898 Sterling:

Sterling Tandem with front brake:

I have seen this style of spoon brake before, usually a small hinge is integral to the inside edge of the fork crown?
For this type of spoon brake I don't believe crown "guide" is necessary since it is so sturdily mounted.

Thanks Jessie indeed that exactly the style I have. The little pivot is still on the fork

Does anyone have one or pictures of a Sterling ? It has a hint that at one time it had a spoon brake, but other than a screw and a tab there nothing left. It may be a fender mounting. Just curious if they even had spoon brakes on ladies Sterlings
Thank you
Wow Barn guy (insert real name LOL) That looks like exactly what I need. Any chance that is for sale?? Does it require special stem and handle bars????? Thanks again.

Back