When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930's Monark "The Rocket" value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinnlover

On Training Wheels
IMG_9102.JPG
IMG_9103.JPG
IMG_9104.JPG
I picked this up the other day at a garage sale. Any help on value would be appreciated. I don't know too much about it. It definitely looks very cool. Looks like there were some parts changed out...pedals replaced...seat recovered... rims painted...etc.

Last edited:
wow - tht is a nice one!

I had read somewhere [ probably on this site ] that the rocket was a lower end Monark. Don't quote me. Ive not seen one from the 30s, the ones I typically see are from the 50s. Those typically go for $250 - $500 from what I have seen. Usually maroon/white, orange/white... I haven't seen a blue and white.

I would gauge it at $800-$900 personally. But what do I know. =P

Neat bike, but gonna take some time and $ to put it "right":

Wheels, rear fender, rack, pedals, seat are not orig, looks like front fender as well.
Missing headlight, and that ornament looks a lil phunky.
All this impacts the value.
Basically it's a frame & spring fork, chain guard, crankset.
Looks like someone put it together from parts on hand and painted parts and a modern wheelset to match.

Welcome to the Cabe! Sorry no expert on these but I'd guess $1500+.

That's a great bike that you don't see too often but I think $800-$900 would e closer to retail on this one. Its hard to tell if the paint is original, Mostly because the rack seems to match but I think its a post war Columbia rack.

As Rustjunkie says a lot of wrong parts. This bike was built from parts and is a repaint. The value for this bike is in parts-particularly the 'pencil' spring fork and tank. V/r Shawn

Like I said no expert. Figured the tank was 4 same with pencil springer then the rest. Whatever the case have fun with it!

Get the wrong parts straighten out, and you've got a 600'er there! The Rocket was not as much a low end Monark, as it was built to compete with the mid range bikes from other companys. 40's thru early 50's Rockets are a very nice bike, done correctly! To bad it's been repainted! Original/Original paint, and you'd have a 900 to 1100'er there. Love those "pencil" springers.

Last edited:
Back