When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Huffman (Western Flyer) Deluxification.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've moved ahead a little with this project and was curious if anyone had a photo of the screw and position where the chain guard should mount. The bike I started with is a bare bones standard Huffman model I believe. I don't know if it even had a chainguard, but there isn't a hole for the particular guard I'm attempting to mount. After this is done, I just have to lace up some wheels and RIDE! I guess I have to rebuild the rear hub too, but that should be easy.

14074460745_c682b1f5ef_b-1.jpg
by VW Sightings, on Flickr

13887847157_98b987338f_b-1.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

I had initially considered painting the frame and tank to match the paint scheme and then put a dayton badge on the bike, but it still has an H stamped underneath. Thinking I'll just stick with the Western Flyer badge instead.

13266740455_27dfe9aa21_b-1.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

THANKS! Very helpful. I figured I had the position about right. I think I might even have a bolt that looks like that in the bin.

Back