When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Monark Silver King Rocket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
At 66 years old, this icon is in amazing condition and extremely rare. To get it back on the road, the bike went through a reconditioning. What this means is the paint, pinstripes and decals are all ORIGINAL. All that was needed is a tuneup. The bearings were replaced and greased, the single-speed Bendix hub was rebuilt. The horn's batteries were replaced. The pedestal-style light was rebuilt with a NOS lens and upper-half; new batteries were installed. The frame and fenders were cleaned and lightly polished. The tires are the only non-NOS replacement parts. This bike is heavier than snot so don't expect to win any races. I'd estimate that the bike is 90% original, with the exception being the aforementioned items. The bike was test ridden and is fully functional.

If you have any questions or would like to see some pictures of the garage scene, go to @crankychaincycles on Facebook or Instagram. #crankychaincycles

Model: 4260D
Serial: A1665321

Hipster Approved.

Price: $2,500

Price is FIRM.
Cash or Cashiers Check only.
Serious collectors and inquiries only.
Local pickup only.
Located in Blaine, MN.
No returns, all sales final.

Tags: monark, silver king, vintage, classic, antique, ballooner, post-war, cruiser, jc higgins, schwinn, hipster, patina, green, chrome, restoration, huffy, middleweight, tank…blah, blah, blah.

IMG_6159.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

fullsizeoutput_23eb.jpeg

IMG_6179.JPG

IMG_6190.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG

fullsizeoutput_23ee.jpeg

Last edited:
"hipster approved", euuw gross.

That’s helpful. [emoji57]
My first sale was from a couple that wanted a vintage girls bike for their daughter. They mentioned they liked the hipster part. Whatever works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 66 years old, this icon is in amazing condition and extremely rare. To get it back on the road, the bike went through a reconditioning. What this means is the paint, pinstripes and decals are all ORIGINAL. All that was needed is a tuneup. The bearings were replaced and greased, the single-speed Bendix hub was rebuilt. The horn's batteries were replaced. The pedestal-style light was rebuilt with a NOS lens and upper-half; new batteries were installed. The frame and fenders were cleaned and lightly polished. The tires are the only non-NOS replacement parts. This bike is heavier than snot so don't expect to win any races. I'd estimate that the bike is 90% original, with the exception being the aforementioned items. The bike was test ridden and is fully functional.

If you have any questions or would like to see some pictures of the garage scene, go to @crankychaincycles on Facebook or Instagram. #crankychaincycles

Model: 4260D
Serial: A1665321

Hipster Approved.

Price: $2,500

Price is FIRM.
Cash or Cashiers Check only.
Serious collectors and inquiries only.
Local pickup only.
Located in Blaine, MN.
No returns, all sales final.

Tags: monark, silver king, vintage, classic, antique, ballooner, post-war, cruiser, jc higgins, schwinn, hipster, patina, green, chrome, restoration, huffy, middleweight, tank…blah, blah, blah.

View attachment 1080940

View attachment 1080941

View attachment 1080942

View attachment 1080943

View attachment 1080945

View attachment 1080946

View attachment 1080947
Really nice collectible bike. Highly desirable. Too rich for me! Ride on. Razin.

Collecting bug hit. Now that it's cleaned, tuned-up and partially rebuilt I've decided not to sell it. How often do you come across an all-original well preserved Silver King? For now I'm going to ride and ogle it; I love the history. If anyone out there sees this and absolutely must have it, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, happy riding.

Back