When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Schwinn World Traveler, red,white and blue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cruiserdude94

Finally riding a big boys bike
Gotta love a little before and after! 1953 Schwinn world traveler picked up locally, had to save it. Shame the decals were super faded…paint is in incredible shape so I found some new decals on ebay. Removed all of the old, polished the paint and applied the largest water decals my anxiety could ever handle!
7E14AAC3-43C9-4931-8581-64AE53E242DB.jpeg
6A98EE95-CA8F-415C-BA3F-5387EF961E3D.jpeg

Nice job on the decals.
I have a 54 model in green that needs the same thing.
I've never monkeyed with decals before, so am hesitant to try it.

Nice job on the decals.
I have a 54 model in green that needs the same thing.
I've never monkeyed with decals before, so am hesitant to try it.
I’ve had the opportunity to apply several smaller water decals for resto projects but these were very difficult due to their size… being able to put the frame in a bike stand to keep the tube you are working on horizontal is the key to getting them applied. They will never be perfect, they weren’t perfect when they were originally applied either … keeping the frame tube horizontal let’s gravity do a lot of the work for you and alsways have a very wet cloth or sponge in hand at all times to help you finesse and move them into the right position 🤘🏼

The new decals look sharp! Did you replace the seat post decal as well? It doesn't look bad in the first photo.

The new decals look sharp! Did you replace the seat post decal as well? It doesn't look bad in the first photo.
Seat post decal hasn’t been replaced yet. It’s been giving me lots of trouble removing the old one carefully enough to not damage the paint.. I’ll come back to it another day haha

Back