When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 corvette

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well now I can check off Blue on my color wish list. I picked up this 1959 corvette 3 speed( Thanks Kirk Thomas). I already have front rack and a head light . Very psyched for a 3 speed my only others are lightweights. Do I need to admit when I mention I have a corvette it is a bicycle? I see a lot of this type of bike getting converted to a more BMX straight fork type of bike, I would love to have one but I think I will have to make one out of parts I have instead of converting this one. Just too original for me ,if it was really beat maybe. I love the blue. Would the fenders be SS? I did a small test with steel wool and shined right up, Does SS polish up as nice as chrome? I must live in an alternate universe where the winter is a few years long because I have more winter projects then I had all summer.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

That one looks like a good Winter project and with a little TLC it'll look great. The fenders are stainless and they will shine like chrome if you spend the time going thru a full on high polish. With just a little work they will look twice as good as old chrome. I'm surprised that doesn't have the Austrian 3 speed, or does it. Is the serial number a late 1959 stamping?

Back