When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 mongoose motomag

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, i went with red on the build for accent color, yeah the pads are repops. I got them from someone local for $40!!! I figured what the heck! Why not...

For $40 you couldn't pass 'em up.

Do you need bars? I have a set of Schwinn box bars and stem dated 1978, I know it's not exactly right but it's pretty close, only if you're interested.

For $40 you couldn't pass 'em up.

Do you need bars? I have a set of Schwinn box bars and stem dated 1978, I know it's not exactly right but it's pretty close, only if you're interested.
Exactly what I said! $40! I'll take them! I got handle bars, thanks, i got a pair of Al rapids.. I got everything just need a seat, red in color and pedals I'm undecided what,route I'm going with these...and I need tires... I went with this stem, cause the correct double clamp are stupid expensive and just any other double clamp are up in price as well...so I got this one early and still give the look of vintage bmx, and I got it only for $45...

s-l400 (7).jpg

s-l400 (8).jpg

Sounds like you're almost all set with parts, next comes the fun part, assembly! That's a cool stem, has that cool old school look. Yeah, the original Mongoose Gold stems are ridiculous at this point. They're super cool but really expensive.

Sounds like you're almost all set with parts, next comes the fun part, assembly! That's a cool stem, has that cool old school look. Yeah, the original Mongoose Gold stems are ridiculous at this point. They're super cool but really expensive.
Yeah I'm almost there, but you know what they say the last 10% is the longest haha and that's where I feel I am at cause I'm undecided on somethings.... but for the most part I think I'm almost there... but back to the gold stems, stupid! Expensive it's like buying a new bike!

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing, you could trade the rest of your bike for one of the stems, seems like a good deal.

I've had several of them over the years, I used to restore Mongoose and all the related products, Blue Max, Jag, Roger DeCoster, Moto-1.... That was 20 years ago and I kinda wish I had them all back, I could retire by now.

I've had several of them over the years, I used to restore Mongoose and all the related products, Blue Max, Jag, Roger DeCoster, Moto-1.... That was 20 years ago and I kinda wish I had them all back, I could retire by now.
Hahahaha yup! Well I'm doing my version on this build, who knows, maybe I'll start a new trend

Back