When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Heavy Duti

-

Deebo

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 1980 Schwinn Heavy Duti that I bought with a missing rear fender and missing chain guard. What are my options at looking for these missing items? Do they have to be from a Heavy Duti or will other Schwinn models be a direct fit (no modifications)

Here is my bike.
IMG_20190307_182456.jpg

Other models used the same parts. Different style chain guards off many other models will also fit. Pre 1959 rear fenders will not fit do to a frame change at that time.

I have a 1980 Schwinn Heavy Duti that I bought with a missing rear fender and missing chain guard. What are my options at looking for these missing items? Do they have to be from a Heavy Duti or will other Schwinn models be a direct fit (no modifications)

Here is my bike.View attachment 961429
Hello. I am mildly obsessed with the correct style chainguard for your bike. I have a few extras and I’d be willing to sell one. I also have a pretty nice chrome middleweight rear fender that I think would be appropriate for this bike. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can get you set up.

BFEC3AAC-D5E0-49AE-92AF-8C006CF1FF0F.jpeg

It was my best guess because of the golden yellow paint under the crackhead paint job and the sprocket.

Back