1981 Schwinn Sidewinder

This ad disappears when logged in

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2016
North Carolina , Albemarle, NC, United States
For your consideration, 3 speed Suntour rear hub, ACS dated 81 front hub. Ukai rims, December 1980 serial number. Should clean up really nice. Needs correct seat and tires to make it "right". Let's start with $300 or best offer plus shipping. View attachment 964934 View attachment 964935 View attachment 964936 View attachment 964937 View attachment 964938

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sweet cruiser - I love those blue Ukai's!

Interesting 3 speed set up that I could not find in the catalog. I believe this Frosty Silver was only offered in '82.

1552731163266.png

mrg

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 9, 2010
socal
Great bike, funny these didn't show up in catalog until 82 ( build date is on the badge and looks to end with a 2 ? ) and this was a single spd. ( because of chain guard ) dealer added 3 spd. ( white cable & clamp on guides ) cool the laced it into the blue rim, should be a date on fork ( 81, 82 ) down by the axle. I think the were trying to use up these 10 spd. style frames hence the big gap in frame # and badge build date. the badge & fork date tells more than frame on these. Good luck

bentwoody66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 4, 2008
Middletown Ohio
Great bike, funny these didn't show up in catalog until 82 ( build date is on the badge and looks to end with a 2 ? ) and this was a single spd. ( because of chain guard ) dealer added 3 spd. ( white cable & clamp on guides ) cool the laced it into the blue rim, should be a date on fork ( 81, 82 ) down by the axle. I think the were trying to use up these 10 spd. style frames hence the big gap in frame # and badge build date. the badge & fork date tells more than frame on these. Good luck
Just looked, date on fork is 3 11 82, good info

bentwoody66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 4, 2008
Middletown Ohio
Man, this is the best deal I've seen on the CABE, why this hasn't been scooped up yet is beyond me! The anodized rims don't even have the typical brake track wear...
There a a couple spots of wear but nothing hateful. It's a really nice bike and rides sweet.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture