When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 24FT Diesel Powered Double Ender Launch

-
Price
$4750.00 obo
Zipcode

Gladiron

Look Ma, No Hands!
For Sale 24FT Diesel Powered Double Ender Launch with Trailer and Tow Vehicle
Van and Boat.jpg
It’s time to sell my boat to someone who will use it and enjoy it. I sure did. This is a complete package ready to go at a moments notice. I’ve owned this boat since 2008 and have had many adventures on Lake Castaic CA, Willamette River and the Columbia River in Oregon. I have only used it in fresh water.
IMG_0201.JPG
The boat (Hull ID# CFZ5991G0377A) comes with all safety gear, matching canvases; Bimini top and cover, front spray dodger, console cover and flag pole sleeve. Floatation cushions, life vests for 7, and a bunch of other stuff necessary for safe boating.
This inboard, full-keeled displacement fiberglass craft drafts 2ft of water and is powered by a very dependable 2cyl Yanmar diesel motor. Cruises at 8-9 knots and sips about 1 liter per hour. It has a center console with 10 gal diesel tank inside and a flat floor throughout for more seating options and for a very comfortable boating experience. Side bench seating for 4-6, complete electrical system, 4 speaker sound system, running lights manual and electric bilge pumps. It features stainless steel hardware and a high freeboard, which keeps the boat nice and dry inside.
IMG_0210.JPG
_DSC0119.JPG

_DSC0164.JPG

The registration documentation lists this craft as a 1977 homebuilt but I suspect it was originally an early Duffy or a similar harbor cruiser that was refit and re-classified as a homebuilt.
20150511_152751.jpg
The trailer is a rebuilt (by me) tandem axle 1978 American Trailer (E18429) with stainless steel surge brakes on the front axle with a lockout feature for backing up and rear LED lights.
FrontViewVanBoat.jpg
The tow vehicle is a ‘93 Dodge Ram 250, 5.2 liter Family Wagon conversion (vin#2B6HB21Y8PK507769) with all the options. I had the van modified for towing with a much more robust cooling system for the engine and trans, shift kit for more efficiency and front and rear trailer receivers. Hitching to the front allows extremely accurate positioning of the trailer while backing into tight spaces. I can back in with only a couple of inches clearance on both sides with only one attempt.
Some specs: 35 gal fuel tank, 4 captain seats, rear bench seat that is electrically actuated to fold down to a bed, safety belts for 7, electric windows, door locks and side mirrors, large side windows with sliding vents and a small built in ice chest for refreshments.

IMG_0274.JPG
I will entertain serious inquiries with a sea trial on Castaic Lake. You pay the fees at the lake and I will supply the fuel for the van and boat.

All titles are free and clear from any and all encumbrances.

Last edited:
Back