When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

36 CWC built Western Flyer resurrection project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Rescued this from a parts Butcher, been getting it back together haven't been able to figure out when Western Flyer started using their own sprocket (one of the missing parts) seems like it might take a 36 CWC sprocket (big & small Paisley) not much literature for Western Flyer, I had a extra WF sprocket so used it for now, what is the earliest anybody seen the Western Flyer sprocket. It has the OG triple step ups with a Musselman Western Flyer break arm
IMG_5464.JPG
IMG_5463.JPG
IMG_5462.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG

Thanks, posted it yesterday in crust, still hopping someone has/seen a early 36 with a WF sprocket rather than a cwc, or a add to show when they start using them, I know 37 used the WF sprocket.

Well it's been a few years since he's been on the cabe but I still learn stuff from Phil (RMS37) all the time, was doing some research on this bike, still don't know which sprocket for early 36 (A) CWC or WF, and was having trouble finding a chain guard that would fit when I stumbled across an old post by Phil in 2010 telling somebody that their bike was not an early 36 because it didn't have the offset crank, mine is the early 36 with offset crank that means the chain guard needs a longer bracket, so had to fabricate one, never notice the bottom bracket was offset like that !thanks Phil, wonder if he knows he's still helping cabers out?
IMG_5528.JPG
IMG_5530.JPG
IMG_5531.JPG

Last edited:
That's the problem all early 36 badged roadmasters and other small production badges like speed had that sprocket but don't know about Western Flyer yet, I know 37 on they all WF have The Western Flyer sprocket

IMG_5530.JPG

Neat bike, cool brake arm, love Musselmans. Did not know about the offset sprocket very cool will look for that!

Back