When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4scuda Obituary

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sad news indeed.
I made a recent transaction with Mark this past year, that involved a pick up at the Davenport meet by one of this hobbies finest, then a drop off and pick up at the Monroe meet, by another one of the hobbies finest, then a long trek to the Deep South, and another transport leg out west, to another legendary collector, with the final delivery to me at the Cyclone Coaster Ride in Long Beach, California.
At the time, I was thinking that these rims were way more trouble than they were worth, and I couldn’t understand why Mark didn’t just stick them in a box and send them to me?
I didn’t realize that he was on his last go around, and that those rims would be the last transaction I would have with him.
Now, I understand why everything was so convoluted.
Rest In Peace, Mark!
Those rims will roll on, thanks to you.

I recall his post about reducing his collection because of what he was facing, to lighten the burden on his family. He faced his difficult situation with courage and dignity. We should all try to live up to that when the time comes for each of us. It's not easy to let go of things for the sake of others, and I commend him for doing that.

I wish my grandmother had reduced her collection of stuff before she passed last summer. She left us with a mess of old stuff: furniture, small items, accumulated junk, etc. to sort through.

So sad to hear, will miss hearing about his bicycle exploits, I to had a lengthy deal with him a while back involving two states, 3 family members, his father-in-law that recently passed and a bike shop, also a very convoluted process due to health issues but it got done, I appreciated it and ride in peace Mark.

1704393324167.jpeg

Vaya con Dios

Back