When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

54 Schwinn Jaguar on ebay

-
More pics of "Cool Bike"
View attachment 1698649View attachment 1698650View attachment 1698651View attachment 1698652View attachment 1698653
Technical question for the all knowing Schwinn Scholars:
Is that plastic axle cover Original Factory installed Eq.?
Sturmey-Archer produced those covers, I believe they're still available. The purpose was to protect the indicator chain and keep dirt out - a nice touch but the hub will work without it, so a lot of them were probably tossed. I've seen earlier versions that were aluminum, and that might have been what was originally on this bike, but I don't know for sure. I don't know what year they went to plastic.

No, that cover is a 1970s era plastic type. I still have the original one on my 1974 Raleigh Sports.

Looks like someone had $1100 and little more for shipping

SOLD!

Guess we have a new current market value on these. At least for eBay and it's highly versed buyers.
I know rarity doesn’t necessarily mean money but you would think these should be closer to phantom money. I realize no tank or springer but definitely a heck of a lot harder to come by than a phantom. That green one a month or so back I think didn’t even sell for $800 or so and that one was probably the cleanest one posted recently.

he saved $1,000.00 by not buying the other one.... I bet that is what he told his wife anyways.

none of these old bikes are purchased using rational thought and common sense. there are times when it is better to have the bike and overpay than to miss out. bet he was looking for this specific bike and missed one or two.

I know rarity doesn’t necessarily mean money but you would think these should be closer to phantom money. I realize no tank or springer but definitely a heck of a lot harder to come by than a phantom. That green one a month or so back I think didn’t even sell for $800 or so and that one was probably the cleanest one posted recently.

The early Green first production run ran for two or maybe three weeks and didn't sell, at least thru eBay. $795 starting bid, no BIN.

1664422054055.png

Back