When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Schwinn Deluxe

-
Maybe pull the stem and the crank to see if dated. Check to see if stamped Schwinn where the knurling is on the handlebars,

Ok, will do. Was told Schwinn did not stamp handlebars on stingrays until 66 but maybe that's not true? Either way, will check. Thanks

A 1965 “Deluxe” had the Reverse Screen guard. Your Deluxe has a plain screen guard as used in 1966.
Pull the front wheel off and check the bottom inside of fork for the date code.

Seams like a 66 with the rims, bars and neck changed but can anyone explain the serial numbers??, I know if you broke your frame they would send you a new one, I don't know how they numbered those?, my friend had a violet he broke and they sent him a red one!

I have seen a letter missing before (extremely rare) on these bikes.
Being a “long frame” with the first character “A” = Jan. with a space which would be a “B” = 66 in Sky Blue.

The photo shows were the date would be on the inside fork.
This one is a April 1965 Sky Blue.

The depth and consistency of your font date looks odd. Very precise.
The early bike dates were sketchy at best.

Chris.

FC35C6D9-2553-4E4D-A55B-7E15F4753443.jpeg

If it were a 65 it would have a high hoop 3 hole persons stamped sissy bar. The sissy bar on it is 66 and up style with the clamps. Unless it were like a December 65 could have had 66 style sissy bar on it. Has re pop tires look like the 90s re pops. The pedals on the bike are not 65 pedals. The fenders are correct for the deluxe along with whitewall tires. The front rim is from a later bike that style started in 1969 front hub should be solid 1 piece hub not 3 pieces like 69 and later. Rear wheel is also incorrect because all 2 speed model kickback bikes came with a front brake. The grips look like white chubby grips but the ones on this bike have the large schwinn script in the teardrop they should say schwinn approved in the tear drop shape on the grip. And if the bike had a front brake then the front fender on this bike would be wrong also. Just sharing some info not picking on your bike at all. -Thomas

Back