When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on English 3-speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks to both Roger and Sir Mike for your replies. Roger I can understand your skepticism. Many, many bikes are altered thru out their lives. This bike drew my attention from what appears to be its originality. The shifters are different from anything I have had, extra long, maybe because of the upright riding position? I was attracted to those and the color of the bike, kind of a root beer color. Bike is in pretty good shape except the saddle which is trashed. Sir Mike thank you for your information. I have been working on a Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1960, I believe. It has the same crankset as this Hercules. Don’t think this bike is too collectible, but with a few upgrades, could be a fun rider. Thanks gentlemen.

Love the color of that Hercules. Here's a close cousin:
IMG_1162.JPG

my
IMG_1294.JPG

R
IMG_1302.JPG

al
IMG_1309.JPG

My Raleigh Sprite 5 speed from 1969 also 26" wheels

An update: bought new tires for the Hercules. I was surprised when I mentioned it at my LBS (Trek dealer) and they had a pair, in stock!! I didn't know Bontrager made tires to fit English!!

unnamed-7.jpg

Back