When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Info On This 1987 Diamondback BMX Bike Is Appreciated

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have just collected Schwinn Stingray bikes the past 35 or so years. I know nothing about BMX bikes. Last week my nephew's wife who knows I collect bikes showed me the attached photo and said she would love to surprise him with that bike as it was the same bike he had at 10 years old and showed her the photo. She said if I could see if I can find one for her. I told her I do not know if it is a $50 bike or a $5000 bike, but I will se if anyone has one. I tried messaging the owner of that bike, no response. Also someone on here had one for sale a few years ago, no response on that one either. To make it simple I would be buying that bike. Anyone have one. Anyone know anything more about this bike, what I should be looking to pay. Did some come with Mag wheels, chainguards, I am a babe in the woods here. Any help is appreciated. I have cash and prefer to use that, but if I need to pull out a Stingray to trade that might work. Thanks, Mike. I am in San Jose, Calif. Here is is attached photo, it is on the BMX museum website. You can copy and paste what is below.

I know you're looking for this particular bike but I can offer this 1991 XL large Schwinn predator for 200.00 . The husband would have been 14 years of age and it was sold out of Reeds in San Jose the seat tube has the Reeds decal. Survivor!!
This is the picture of the actual bike in its current state....bone stock!! All original..time capsule!!
A little dusty but I'm sure it it'll clean up...easy fix

Screenshot_20240520-130609.png

Thanks for the offer but this is a replacing a childhood bike type of situation. Nice bike you have though. I have a few Krates with the Reed Bike Shop Stickers, shop was there there on Alum Rock Ave. I love San Jose bike shop stickers or bike license bikes being born and still here in San Jose. Thanks again.

Have you checked the BMX-MUSEUM "for sale" section? Its easy to navigate and there are several DB complete bikes there...

Good luck!

Edit: The bike in your link may not be a Viper as it doesn't have a Viper decal on the top-tube...? Also I've seen them with Viper head badges, can't tell if that bike has it or not...

Yea. I registered on that site so I could send messages. Instead of surprising my nephew with a bike, I better show him any bike before I buy one as I would not know if what I buy is what he wants

Yea. I registered on that site so I could send messages. Instead of surprising my nephew with a bike, I better show him any bike before I buy one as I would not know if what I buy is what he wants

That's a good idea! You never know. I have had good luck trading there...

Back