When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Moon photos[part one]

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just got home from the Blue Moon swap. Perfect day! Been a rainy week, but today was great. Got there at 9 and took photos of everything. Got the feeling that money was a little tight with the buyers this year. Lotta guys don't put prices on their stuff, which is bad. Very bad. You know what you are selling and what you want to get out of it. You will sell much more if you take a little time and PRICE IT. What, you don't know what it's worth and you're hoping I'll offer more than you wanted for it? ...... take some time, put a price on things. Anyway, had to get that off my chest. Here's the pictures. There's plenty of them, so I may have to do it in two posts. I'll start off with what I bought. I always tell myself I no longer collect bikes or work on them , but winter is coming and building a rat rod project might be fun. What you are looking at are two chainrings bought at 5 bucks each. Two truss rods at 5 bucks for the pair. One super clean handlebar mounted horn at 15 bucks. Chain guard at 5 bucks and stem with plenty of original plating left on it for 10. The guard was used on late 30's Elgin and Hawthornes and will be used as a dynamite picture frame. Maybe there will be some plating left under the blue spray paint covering the Colson ring. The Elgin one looks super cool and shouts "ratrod" to me. When you see the older pre-war truss rods, especially a pair... buy them. Hard to find when you want them. The horn is clean and I know it will work. The stem was ten and worth it for the amount of chrome still on it. I show the prices I paid to encourage folks to get out to these shows and swaps. Yes, it's easier to sit back and research Ebay and what not, but swaps let you see it and hold it before you purchase. Plus, it's always cash. No shipping to deal with. Lot of these guys just want to get rid of stuff and will sell it cheap, so they don't have to cart it back home, maybe only to give to the scrap guy. ........The deal I saw, was this early Monak. Asking price was $275. [ asking price , mind you] We'll see if this bike sold, because at 275 it was priced right. Perfect fenders. Nice pre war springer. Get a load of the fender light. Killer rack. And, that guard! When you need one of those and find one, they're usually bent, rusty and still expensive. Clean, early post war Schwinn rims. Nice stem. And, I'll bet the horn in that tank works fine. Lots of great parts, or a nice rider for the lady.

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got home from the Blue Moon swap. Perfect day! Been a rainy week, but today was great. Got there at 9 and took photos of everything. Got the feeling that money was a little tight with the buyers this year. Lotta guys don't put prices on their stuff, which is bad. Very bad. You know what you are selling and what you want to get out of it. You will sell much more if you take a little time and PRICE IT. What, you don't know what it's worth and you're hoping I'll offer more than you wanted for it? ...... take some time, put a price on things. Anyway, had to get that off my chest. Here's the pictures. There's plenty of them, so I may have to do it in two posts. I'll start off with what I bought. I always tell myself I no longer collect bikes or work on them , but winter is coming and building a rat rod project might be fun. What you are looking at are two chainrings bought at 5 bucks each. Two truss rods at 5 bucks for the pair. One super clean handlebar mounted horn at 15 bucks. Chain guard at 5 bucks and stem with plenty of original plating left on it for 10. The guard was used on late 30's Elgin and Hawthornes and will be used as a dynamite picture frame. Maybe there will be some plating left under the blue spray paint covering the Colson ring. The Elgin one looks super cool and shouts "ratrod" to me. When you see the older pre-war truss rods, especially a pair... buy them. Hard to find when you want them. The horn is clean and I know it will work. The stem was ten and worth it for the amount of chrome still on it. I show the prices I paid to encourage folks to get out to these shows and swaps. Yes, it's easier to sit back and research Ebay and what not, but swaps let you see it and hold it before you purchase. Plus, it's always cash. No shipping to deal with. Lot of these guys just want to get rid of stuff and will sell it cheap, so they don't have to cart it back home, maybe only to give to the scrap guy. ........The deal I saw, was this early Monak. Asking price was $275. [ asking price , mind you] We'll see if this bike sold, because at 275 it was priced right. Perfect fenders. Nice pre war springer. Get a load of the fender light. Killer rack. And, that guard! When you need one of those and find one, they're usually bent, rusty and still expensive. Clean, early post war Schwinn rims. Nice stem. And, I'll bet the horn in that tank works fine. Lots of great parts, or a nice rider for the lady.

View attachment 1907784

View attachment 1907829

View attachment 1907855

View attachment 1907854

View attachment 1907853

View attachment 1907851

View attachment 1907850

View attachment 1907849

View attachment 1907848

View attachment 1907847

View attachment 1907839

View attachment 1907838

View attachment 1907837

View attachment 1907833

View attachment 1907834

View attachment 1907835

View attachment 1907836

View attachment 1907840

View attachment 1907841

View attachment 1907842

View attachment 1907843

View attachment 1907844

View attachment 1907845

View attachment 1907846
Swap meets rule! You get to meet other enthusiasts. There are insane deals! So much fun!

Hey Tinker,
Thanks for taking me to my first bike swap. Had a great time. Won't miss the next one!
Steve

Back