Boiled linseed oil?

This ad disappears when logged in

David Larson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nov 16, 2017
North Dakota, United States
If you know what you are doing the results IMO are worth the effort for a crusty original paint bike. There are truck loads of how to videos and information on the net from people that don't know what the f they are doing, to the experts and everyone in between. Nice job Mr. Larson
Thank You!

I actually filmed the entire process of disassembly, oxidation removal, detailing, and re-assembly. As soon as I get the rear rack and headlight lens in, I will finish the video and it will be on my YouTube channel. I will be doing this for a number of bikes in the coming months. I also included a short section about safely disassembling and cleaning that original prewar/wartime speedometer!

I'll be posting about these videos in the near future!

stezell

I live for the CABE
May 8, 2014
Clarksville, TN, United States
My uncle Jim was a vintage body and fender guy from the 40's .Said the best way to paint a car and get the best finish was a combination of gasoline and lacquer paint ... Would leave a perfect shine ...Dangerous practice ...But seems like the gas from the past not only smelled good but didn't leave a bad taste like the gas of today...
Gasoline from the past also evaporated a lot quicker.

Muleman121

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 28, 2012
Murrieta, United States
Thank You!

I actually filmed the entire process of disassembly, oxidation removal, detailing, and re-assembly. As soon as I get the rear rack and headlight lens in, I will finish the video and it will be on my YouTube channel. I will be doing this for a number of bikes in the coming months. I also included a short section about safely disassembling and cleaning that original prewar/wartime speedometer!

I'll be posting about these videos in the near future!
Very cool! Can’t wait! Have much to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn Michael

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 3, 2012
Keizer, OR
I have used boiled linseed oil on a couple of bikes with good results. The rags are very flammable and I just dispose if them by burning them outside.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$26.80
eBay Auction Picture
$6.99
eBay Auction Picture
$124.99
eBay Auction Picture
$9.95
eBay Auction Picture
$39.99
eBay Auction Picture